03 July 2006

Giving it up? (Part 2.)

I have had some interesting comments on my original post about this and I guess I should agree, disagree and so forth because its interesting.

Broom makes a good point about how having a kid can totally change a person. I agree that when/if a person has kids their responsibilities will -and rightfully should- shift dramatically. If I wanted to have kids, and I really don't, I would think that my focus would shift toward taking care of the kiddo and having time and money set aside for such a purpose. This isn't to say that a person should not continue with some hobbies, though. I think Broom does it right by having his kid at the track, spending time with his parents at the races to make it a real family affair and they have fun regardless of what happens. Granted, this past weekend could have gone better than others, but as far as I can tell he's doing things as well as he can. You have to take care of yourself and do the tinhgs you enjoy, involve the kid(s) but be certain you don't try to do too much. I am, of course, speaking from zero experience.

With absolute confidence I can say that none of this worries me, not do I think that Rock Gal is going to be changing me or herself any time soon. I guess my point in that post -that I never made- was that she is not a needy, self-confidence lacking worry-wart that is going to demand more of my time. I have seen women that simply cannot deal with not being number 1... fortunately for me, she is not that type of person.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home