28 June 2006

Car

Rental
Monday morning I dropped the Sentra off with Bankston Nissan so they could fix the dented bodywork sustained way back in January in the parking lot incident. As a result, I am now driving a Neon. Again. This time it is white and features little more than a radio and A/C as well as a massive amount of body roll and seats that want to spit you right off the side every time I go into a mild corner.

Bankston told me they'd have the car done in seven (7) to nine (9) business days but I'm hoping it all gets handled a bit sooner. I'm not too crazy about being away from it to begin with, but the good news is that more changes are in the pipeline.


Major Mods
I ordered a whole plethora of parts from Major Mods, a company in California that I found through a group buy on the B15 Forum. The group buy was for a nice suspension goodie that I've been contemplating for quite some time...

Coil Overs
These beautiful bits are KSport coilovers. They replace the existing McPherson strut set-up and vastly out perform it by means of accurate valving, stiffer spring rates and fully adjustable bound, rebound and ride height. The company actually builds these to order so I won't have them for another three to four weeks.

Anti-roll bars
There are a number of companies producing anti-roll bars for the Sentra but few are thick enough to really make much of a difference in handling. Progress makes a 19mm rear, Eibach has the same as well as a front (sold as a package) at 25mm... Stillen has some pretty thick bars, but they're also known for crappy customer service. So instead of all that, I went with the Nismo parts. Nismo produces a 23mm front bar, 25mm rear bar and an additional 25mm lower tie bar that will further increase chassis stiffness and allow the suspension to work properly.

Bushings
I am also trying to get my hands on a set of SuperPro suspension bushings if I can get the site to work properly. I found these through the B15 Forum as well but the guy hasn't posted in awhile. I sent him an email yesterday but so far have not heard anything back. Hopefully this will work out as well, but I certainly have some time to get it worked out. The best thing about these is that they really help tighten up the handling and take all the slop out of the suspendy bits.


Dressed Up
Grill
I'm also looking to make a new grill for the car because I hate the big plastic thing that is on there now. I'd like to find a tighter weeve piece of expanded aluminum that I can paint black, but I'm thinking about something else, too. I was thinking about painting a red section onto the aluminum and applying a Nismo decal before I spray it black. Remove the lettering and I'll have the Nismo logo (complete with Red "o" right there on the grill. In my head it looks really cool.

Decals
I'm still trying to decide if I'll be putting decals on the car for the parts I'm installing. Part of me really wants to, part of me doesn't. I just have this thing about being all Fast and the Furious about it and atleast having a few things on there in a creative manner. The idea I had was to lay the vinyl lettering so that it starts on the hood at about a 45 degree angle and wraps onto the left front fender. They won't be huge, believe me, and I'd do them in either white or ice blue. I've seen the color on a black BMW racing in the WTCC but can't find a picture now to prove it.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home