21 March 2006

This trip of mine...

The more I think about this trip, the more amazed I get about the whole thing. I wrote Hans an email last night asking if I needed to help pay entry fees, food, fuel, etc and he wrote me back today. Simply, I have nothing to worry about, the team is going to house, feed and supply me with team clothing to wear at both tracks. I can do laundry at his place between Assen and Le Mans and I will be well fed... I have an incredible trip to Europe planned and the only thing I'm paying for is my plane ticket. Well, that and two weeks of very hard work in the pit of a motorcycle racing team. Which, as you might guess, is hardly considered work from my perspective.

Le Mans. The place is legendary. The fact that I'll be there as a crew member for a professional racing outfit, as a volunteer, is nuts. Add to that the fact that I don't know any of them, nor do they know me, and it is all becoming very surreal.

I'm going to Europe. I've always wanted to go to Europe. I'm going to Assen and Le Mans for races. I've always wanted to go to Assen and Le Mans. I'm going to Europe, to Assen and Le Mans, and I'm going as a crew member of a motorcycle racing team. Not much of this has yet to sink in, but its getting there day by day.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home