17 March 2006

I'll see London, I'll see France. I'll see...

Belgium, too. Here's the gist of it all...

I received my passport yesterday and had already purchased my ticket earlier in the week so here's my itinerary as well as websites for the locations I'll be visiting either with the team or on my own after both race weekends are completed. I'm going to talk to Cingular about unlocking my cell phone while I'm over there, but I might need to rent a phone instead. One way or the other I'll keep in touch so you know I'm ok. I'll also take my laptop and should have easy net access at all the tracks.

Flying out:
DFW to Gatwick (London)
Take off: April 12th, 4:20PM
Landing: April 13th, 7:20 AM

Heathrow to Brussels
Take off: April 13th, 12:35 (noon:35)
Landing: April 13th, 2:45 PM

The racing series is the FIM World Endurance Championship.

We'll be going to the first two rounds at Assen (Netherlands) and Le Mans (France)
Race weekend #1 is Easter Mnday, race #2 is the following weekend (04/22 & 04/23) but we'll be there days in advance for set-up

The race team I am crewing for is called Primo Racing, but they do not have a website. However, information on the team including contact information can be found in the link.

The gentleman that is picking me up at the airport is a rider for the team and I will be staying at his house when necessary. After the races I'll have 4 days to goof off in Europe and plan on visiting a few places and exploring Northern Europe.
I will also be visiting Spa and the Nurburgring on my own, as well as Brussels, the Gillet factory (that's a car, not a razor) and anything else that looks interesting. Which, sadly, is everything.

Return Flight:
Brussels to Gatwick
Take off: April 28th, 7:00 AM
Landing: April 28th, 7:00 AM (It's magic!)

Gatwick to Dallas
Take Off: 10:35 AM
Landing: 2:30 PM

It all started with this post on February 28th, and it was a done deal on Tuesday 03/14/06. That is another story in itself, that will be told soon enough.

2 Your Opinion:

At 13:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cool!

 
At 17:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what are you bringing me back?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home