03 March 2006

Frustrating

Climbing at Stoneworks last night was a bit frustrating. Met some new people, Chuck in partucliar, that I may climb with in the future. Actually, I was passed off to a new belayer, which is not always the most confidence inspiring, but that didn't effect my climbing last night. I'm frustrated because I know what I need to do, and I can picture in my mind exactly how to do it, but I can't get my body to go there.

As I hang on to the small stuff, the oddly shaped bits layered in chalk and sweat, I lack the confidence to trust my grip and make a throw for another questionable, though often positive, hold. I'm getting more confident in my footwork, its just the fingers that need more encouragement.

Timing is off a bit for me as well and that plays a large part in whether I am able to make it past many difficult spots. I tend to stop to think, which is not a great thing while climbing. Waiting wastes energy and I just need to be more committed to making a move. Of course, having only started doing this 3 months ago, I probably shouldn't expect so much of myself so soon. Or, I don't know, maybe I should?

At any rate, I did manage to finally beat my nemesis, the bulgy route upstairs, but now I have two new protagonists at the gym in the form of routes 24 and 33.

Also saw Rock Model at the gym last night... she knows who she is, and its always nice to see a friendly face. Sadly, I get agitated and whiney when I get stuck on routes so I wasn't the most pleasant person to be around last night. Its more a thing of me voicing my frustration, but I'm sure it comes across as being whiney... fucking rocks.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home