29 March 2006

FIM & ACO Press Releases

Press Release from the F.I.M. concerning the Assen 500K, Easter Monday.

Press Release from the A.C.O., the organizing body for the Le Mans 24H Moto race.

I was talking to Weeble last night and she made a good point that, among other things, has not sunk in yet: Exactly one month ago, this whole trip to Europe had just come on my radar as a pipe dream. I did not have a passport, I did not know anyone living in Europe and I had no contacts at the FIM or ACO. As of yesterday, I will be attending the first two rounds of the WEC as a mechanic, volunteering for a Belgian concern. I will be fully press credentialed at both races and have access to numerous team managers and riders in the paddock. I have also been contacted by Eurosport for an on-air interview at Le Mans and will likely meet a lot of people from the organizing bodies that I can interview.

One month ago, and up until two weeks ago, I did not have airfare to Europe, let alone a US Passport. Now I am preparing to fly overseas to meet, for the first time, a team of 15 racers and mechanics with whom I shall spend 2.5 weeks on the road racing in The Netherlands and France. My only contact with the team has been a handful of emails and a single phone call. To top it all off, I'm not concerned in the least with the trip and barely have a grasp on what is about to take place.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home