09 January 2006

Sore, tired & smiling.

What a great weekend. I spent most of it with Rock Gal, which is primarily why I had such an awesome weekend.

Friday night I was at the Starbuck's in Mockingbird Station playing with my Razr phone and a program called Phone Tools that allows me to use MP3 files as ring tones and jpeg images as wallpaper on the phone when she met up with me for dinner. For someone with a desire to be creative and personalize everything, this is really damn cool. I've already toyed around with CS2 and making some wallpapers for the phone. The resolution is ok but not great so I've been sticking to simple colors and using filters to create effects, but not trying to really render any graphics.

So after a few minutes of indecision we settled on Fuddrucker's. I hadn't been there in ages and it seemed like a fun place to go get a big ass burger. It turned out to be more like a Chuckee Cheese because of all the screaming kids, but we still had fun and got some good eats! Afterwards we cruised over to Tempest Tea for some delicious hot brews and finally wound up back at Mockingbird Station where we started. It was a great evening, we both had a lot of fun and I really must say that I enjoy her company thoroughly.

We got together again Sunday afternoon for some climbing at Summit, what a blast! They still had most of the routes set-up from the ABS Bouldering Competition so many of the roped routes were unusable, but by and large they had good routes available. Steve and Rock Gal went off to do some climbing and I decided to tackle a few of the problems from the comp. I was able to do one of them right off the bat, it was pretty simple, but others in the Recreational category were more difficult.

Still, I was able to complete another climb with assistance from Ryan, a very cool employee at the gym, and his advice was welcome and highly useful. Mostly, bouldering comes down to commitment. You have to know in your mind that you can make a certain move, because if you doubt yourself at all you will fail. Your foot will slip, your fingers will lose grip or your arms will pump and you'll let go. That's one of the things I like about bouldering and climbing in general. Even though you are only 30 feet off the ground, roped in with a belayer... if you imagine that every move could be your last you will find ways to hang on to the wall!

After four hours of climbing we were both smashed and went to lunch at Red, Hot & Blue. Red, Hot & Blue is a BBQ place and, well, it rocks. That was some of the most tasty delicious BBQ I've ever had. Damn, that was some tasty BBQ! Then we cruised back to the apartment, cuddled up and took a nap. The rest of the evening was spent watching climbing DVDs and making out, which is always a great way to burn time and enjoy someone's company, in my opinion.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home