01 December 2005

Enduro in the Park

This weekend is an event called Enduro in the Park at the FC Dallas stadium in Frisco. They're constructing a technical course within the stadium and are holding the event as a sort of non-motocross motorcycle race. I'm not sure how much promotion it has gotten but I seriously doubt it amounts to very much.

My idea is to go out and cover the event just as I did with Last Man Standing, but with a little bit more of a plan. I need a new angle, as well. I thought of maybe covering a couple of riders and their weekend at the race. I'm not sure how to pick them out, but I imagine I can find some factory rider to chat with and cover. I contacted the orgainzer to ask for a press pass but have not heard anything back yet. Even as a spectator it should be interesting, but I'd rather not pay and have more access! We'll see how it goes...

Some folks from the TSBA are talking about racing there on Sunday, which is when the amatuer riders will be competing. I could cover some of that as well, but in terms of a magazine picking it up I think it'd be stronger from the pro's perspective.

I just don't want to do the usual race report you see in magazines. I don't want to talk about who lead which race and who passed who on what lap... I get bored with that crap and need something different, so I figure most other people do as well. The tough part is coming up with a new angle that works and doesn't read or look exactly like what I did last time. Don't cover one spot or a fan's POV, as I did with LMS, but find some new manner of bringing out the emotion of the event. I want people to experience it on paper or on their screen, not just read what happened to other people.

I also need photos, which means I need to get ahold of Mike. I shot him an email but nothing back yet. He might not be interested so I might need to try and borrow his camera or something, not sure. If, that is, I can even get a press pass. Man, that would rock... I can still get good access to the pits and stands, but I'd prefer full access to the track and hot pit enable to do it justice.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home