18 November 2005

Good family Karma

Nancy let me know that her artwork and illustrations will be featured in a Neighborhood Gallery of sorts in Brooklyn. As I understand it she has been recognized as a stand out in her area and they want to display some of her work. I think this is also the type of gallery that is visited by more than just the general public, so I am hopeful that the right people will realize how much she can do with her artwork! I'm excited for her and hopeful. You never know who will see it, and I imagine the galleries are visited by decision making type folks and people who may see a real need for her style.

She's a trooper, I have to give her credit for never letting go of her goals. She's a hell of a lot more driven than I am so I really hope it pays off for her. She's in a tough market and trying to make it on her own in a career that is so competitive I can't even put it in words!

Honestly, I think I have it easier than she does in terms of freelancing. Depending on the magazine or topic I can probably change my style to suit my audience. Technical, sarcastic, emotional... but she has one specific style that she has developed, and she has to find people that want that specific style or see it and say, "Damn, that's what we're looking for!"

Finding those people and getting in front of them must be a daunting task, and I can only imagine what she's been through in getting there. I honestly wish there was some way I could help... so, assuming I get into some magazine and they need some cool illustrations to accompany my piece, she'll be my first call!

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home