18 November 2005

Freelance News

Here's an email string from RacerX magazine...
*****

RacerX:
Dear Greg,
Thanks for the note and thanks for the offer. We actually had Mike Lafferty, the third-place finisher, trying to keep a journal of the race for us. Otherwise, I would take you up in a second. Maybe we can squeeze in something as a sidebar? Either way, I do appreciate the offer to do something for Racer X on what looks like one incredible race!
DC

Me: Thank you for your encouraging response. I remember watching Mike Lafferty on the hill climb and through the Texas Stadium sections of the course, and I'd hate to think that my article would be chosen over that of someone who had actually competed in the event! When I wrote the piece I had envisioned it as a companion to an actual story about the race, not as a stand alone article. If you do wish to publish my piece as I sidebar, I think that would be ideal.

Please let me know if you would like to pursue this route as I am anxious to see it in the publication if at all possible. I feel that your readers would enjoy seeing another perspective on the race as it compliments the riders and provides readers with yet another way to appreciate what the competitors were up against down here in Texas.

RacerX: By all means proceed. Send it over as soon as you can. DC

Me: Please let me know if there is anything else you need. I will be more than happy to submit more potential content if you give me some feedback on what you would like to see in the future. I have been involved in road racing (CMRA) here in Texas and love having excuses to go to events even if I'm not the one racing!
*****

So, at this point it is looking stronger and stronger, but I get the feeling they still need to thoroughly read through the article and see if they like it. The first email is from Davey, I guess Bryan is the Managing Editor and forwarded my email to him. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll keep y'all posted.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home