25 November 2005

Turkey Day

My Thanksgiving could have started off better.
9:30 A.M. - My Girl Friday calls and wakes me up. Its a pleasant surprise to hear from her and she's in a good mood so I'm waking up fast. She's heaeded out to Bells to run the KTM and relive a little of her glory from last weekend's race. All is good. Then she mentions our date from Friday.

She had a lot of fun, things went great, but she's been doing some thinking. Thinking = Over analyzing. I tell her she sounds like me. She's worried. Now I am, too. Her last relationship, two.5 years in the making, ended a bit badly and her ex-b/f left the scene rather melo-dramatically and abruptly. I'd been good friends with him, but when took off and made no effort to get in touch with me, I more or less just figured he was doing his own thing. I didn't think much of it.

She mentions again that she had a lot of fun with me at the game and at dinner, that things went great and "then there was that kiss, which was great, but I feel strange about it". She mentioned this to me Friday night... it bugged me but I thought she'd get past it. Goddamnit, she didn't.

From what I could gather, she said this a bit quickly, she feels strange being with me so soon after splitting up with him; primarily because she doesn't know how he'd feel about it should he turn back up in town. Maybe she's needing some closure? I don't know. Maybe she just needed an excuse to back out? Who knows. Doesn't matter.

She tells me she still wants to spend time hanging out and doing things, just without the romance. "I'm fine with that", I tell her, "I understand".
"Well, that's enough of that then, moving on..." She changes the subject abruptly.
She's disappearing for the weekend on two wheels and I figure she's going to try and clear her head of work and life stress. Good for her. I want her to be happy, and if I need to just be a friend I can do that... I don't like it as much, but I do enjoy her company and figure I'd rather have a friend than nothing.

I've had far too many flakey women in my life this year so I hope she doesn't become another one of them. Too many "friends" that went weird on me and disappeared. Susette, Christy, Jen, Hilarie... Although, thruth be told, with Hilarie I more or less stopped calling her. I can't take that much negativity.

Now I'm just getting all this out on paper so its out of my head. I don't want to be negative about it, nor do I want to dwell on it and make myself think I've done something wrong. Shit happens, it didn't work out and its not that big a deal. I guess I'd gotten my hopes up, which is my own fault, but it still stinks.

The rest of Turkey Day was pretty straight forward. Went to Amy & Scott's place around noon. Scott got me on Project Gotham Racing 3(PGR) on his new XBox 360 and I managed to win him about $500,000 in short order. The game is fun, much more realistic than GT4 and a hell of a lot more fun. We ate some great turkey & ham, had my brandied peaches and lots of other great grub. Then back to the Xbox for Halo, Project Gotham (against Live opponents) and Quake 4.

Playing PGR3 live was pretty cool. Most of the people online were not all that talented at driving and spent more time trying to cop stop me off the starts than actually race. It pissed me off for awhile but in the end its fine... I would clean pass them and then walk off into the distance or lead off the start and just wax the floor with them.

All in all it was a good Thanksgiving, just wish I'd had that one more thing to be thankful for, you know?

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home