23 November 2005

A few events

I haven't said much about my Stars date Friday night, but not for lack of good news. Everything went very well. Seeing as how I'm competing for her attention, I want things to go well and don't feel like jinxing myself...

I found this great photo from the Macau Grand Prix... Not sure who the rider is but it gives a little sense of what these guys are up against during the race... Unfortunately, a French rider was killed in free practice this year.

My laptop has finally been ordered. Lee sent me a 30% off coupon on Monday morning and I got it all spec'd out and ordered yesterday. Ship date is December 1st, but I've been told they quote long so we'll see when it arrives. Essentially:
Dell: 1.6 GHz Pentium M, 1 GB RAM, CD burner, 15.4" screen, 80 GB hard drive...

Turkey Day is tomorrow. Aside from all the good food, I'm not sure why we celebrate what is essentially the beginning of the end for the Indians. Sad really, if you think about it. They helped us live through winter and we repay them by slaughtering them all... America the disease?

I bought Empire yesterday at Titan Comics but have yet to get started in it. I also picked up the Serenity series from Dark Horse, but its only three issues bridging the TV show Firefly to the motion picture. I read those last night... Empire looks pretty interesting though, and after reading Identity Crisis and Watchmen I'm really starting to get into comics and "graphic novels" to the point that I think I'd like to try and write one... though I know that would not be easy.

I like pictures, I like complex plots and I like costume supers. Call me crazy.

Going up to see Eric's new house in McKinney this afternoon after I workout. He's stoked, and I'm happy for him to be out of his parent's place.

I've had a lot of emails from Kim recently. She's still telling me about all her vivid sex dreams (involving me) despite the fact that she's married with a two year old. It's freaky. Probably doesn't help that I wrote her back once, but now I regret it. Damn me. Too strange, too weird... Maybe I'll start writing dime-store smut, too?

I want my laptop. I to write. I also want a digital camera. I need ideas.

Bored, bored, bored.

1 Your Opinion:

At 11:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dime Novels were very popular in the late 1800's and early 1900's... but that involved mainly outlaws and indians. I don't think that sex was involved as much as violence was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home