11 November 2005

We have a woman deliver lunch to the office on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from a local deli. Those who want to buy fresh salads and sandwiches can do so as they wish and she drops the shit off in the morning.

To notify folks that she's in our lobby we send out an email to the office. Today, I sent the email... and I sent it to everyone. Everyone. Everyone in the company. Everyone in Dallas, Chicago, New York, LA, Seattle, Orlando, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.

So far I've had about 35 to 40 emails (of the 12,000 possible recipients) asking me to fax everything from tuna salad sandwiches to BLTs and Doritos to offices across the world. This, of course, has proven to be a challenge.

My fax machine is now printing in Mayo and there's lettuce stuck in the paper feeder. I've got roast beef simmering inside the Xerox as too many people requested it (needed to make copies so there'd be enough to go around) and now people want drinks to wash it down.

Amazing how much trouble one can get themselves in when you are not paying attention.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home