09 November 2005

Baron of Bagatelle

Today, I am the Baron of Bagatelle. Confused? I am a King of Nothing. Worst of all, I can't think of a damn thing to write about. Nothing new has happened, nothing abnormal or even unusual.

Last night I had dinner with Lee at PotBelly Sandwiches. We talked shop and BS'ed about guy shit. After that we cruised over to the TSBA meeting at Spring Creek BBQ for the monthly meeting and minor social gathering. Caught up with the crew, learned some new things, told more people I still have a broken leg. The usual shit.

I'm ready to be active again. Its fucking gorgeous outside, if you consider 85 degrees and slightly humid in November beautiful, and I'm still stuck doing nothing. I'm going to the gym tonight. I should have started going back last week but didn't have the vibe. Now, I'm ready to go. I need to get in there and do something (anything) before I go nuts. My energy is down, I've been getting home and felt blasted but still have some trouble sleeping. The sleep trouble is likely due to the leg thing and difficulty getting comfy.

*****
I've added a new streaming audio link to the page. This one is for RadioSkipper, an all request 80's/90's station that actually does play what you request. I know, simply because I've tried it. I'm getting an earful of 80's now. Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer and a minute ago was some band called Europe. Now I'm hearing Paul Young, whoever the fuck he is...
*****
I don't like the fact that I think too much. Really, I'm getting tired of it, but I'm having a lot of trouble thinking less. I'm sure the issue here is obvious: If you try not to think too much, you are constantly thinking about not thinking, which only means you are still thinking too much. It is, I suppose, a Catch-22. I think the biggest kick in the pants is the fact that what I'm thinking about, the things I'm overly concerned with, are not all that important. While I do find some solice in the fact that I have no real concerns in life, I also sort of wish I had a little more to be concerned about. Let's review my worldly concerns:
  • Laptop
  • Girl
  • Freelance writing
  • Find a new job
  • Mending leg
  • 2006 vacation
That's it. See? Money isn't on that list. Jobless? Nope, isn't there. Family issues? Nope. My worldly concerns involve nothing more than what to do with my free time, money and future.
OOH! My song is starting... would you believe my two requests are:
Cindy Lauper - Time After Time & Dire Straights - Money for Nothing - Weird, huh?
See? Nothing to worry about, nothing to really think about... and yet I still think too much. Do I want to spend X or Y on a laptop. Do I want to get A or B for my sister for her Birthday. Should I call her or shouldn't I? Fifteen minutes after most of these things come up, I forget about them.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home