04 November 2005

Friday is being nice to me.

Last night I made my routine 45 minute round trip to the mailbox. Crutching there and back gave me plenty of time to think about the little things in life. How my armpits are starting to get raw. The manner in which my softcast twists my knee. I think I need to get back in the gym this weekend. It'll be good to do an upper-bdy workout of some kind, crutch around the circuit and maybe I'll surprise myself. I'm just really looking forward to walking (or learning how to) again.

*****
I finished Initial D, Fourth Stage the other night. Damn, every time I get to the end of a DVD I wish they'd hurry up and produce more episodes. I had an email from ChasFuji concerning an online source with well dubbed versions of all stages (1-4), and it can be found here. You'll also need a program called BitTorrent and DIVX. I don't mind reading the episodes, especially since TokyoPop ruined the series over here by changing Takumi into a pizza delivery boy and replacing the music with HipHop shit. They have, however, released swag such as a series of books, models and a video game in the States that relate directly to the series.

*****
This is from a mass email string trying to get friends together to go out tonight...

Mike: "I don't know that I can go. My wife has me working on painting the house. I will let you know."

Me: "You are SO whipped..."

Katherine (his wife): "Yeah no kidding. I mean she doesn't let you go out even for one night?!"

Me: "I know seriously. I mean, I’ve heard of a lapdog before but this is getting silly. If you can’t stand up for yourself, put your foot down and sa-… oh, hang on. That’s my cell phone.
[in background] Hello? Yeah, I’m trying to write an ema-… oh. Well it’s about tonight. You know, was going to go out with the crew and all. Huh? Well no, but I thought I could do that tomor-… yes, of course I want you to be happy. No, no! Why would you throw up on the carpet again? Look, tell your brother Mercury to stop picking on you, and for god’s sake stop eating carpet fuzz!
[hangs up]

Sorry about that. Uhm… where were we?

Hilarie: "Greg, when you write a book... I have dibs on a copy!"
*****
I'm also in high spirits because, in about a week, I will be going to dinner with someone with whom I enjoy spending some of my free time.
*****
I'm hungry.

1 Your Opinion:

At 13:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel sooooo left out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home