09 November 2005

Memory.

Just a second ago I reminded myself of something Lee and I talked about last night at dinner. We were talking about how the years and months go by or something terribly reflective that people talk about when they are being reflective, and I mentioned that once I get three to four (sometimes less) days past an event, I more or less forget that it happened. Or, more to the point, I cannot accurately differenciate between one day/event and the next. Maybe this is normal. Maybe no one can keep these things straight, but Lee sure thought it was strange.

Each morning I get up and get myself ready for work. Oddly, I need to pause for a good while to make certain that I can remember what shirt/pants/tie combination I was wearing the day before. I do this so that I do not accidentally pick up the same shirt or tie and wear it two days in a row.

Howard Jones - No One is to Blame I have always wondered who sang this song...

Additionally, I would have a very difficult time telling you about my weekend at this point. Actually, in two days I will have a very difficult time telling you what happened last night. Who did I talk to, what did we talk about... its all a blur. Last week? HA! Forget it. If I could remember last week's events even hlaf as well as last month I'd be doing really well.

Now, I don't think anyone can remember anything from last week or month in any amount of detail but let me put it this way. I broke my leg on September 28th, right? Right. Prior to September 28th is a complete and total blur. Truly. I can't really break through the fuzz to recall, in any clarity or definition,-...

Poison - Every Rose has its Thorn

... a time at which I did not have a broken leg. That, my friends, is screwing with my head. Its been like this for years though. Ohh, man. Last year? Forget it. Last year feels like last decade to me. March? Nope, sorry. I remember that I started rock climbing in March, and I started hardcore cycling in April... but the only real memories are little points that stuck out for one reason or another. In May I went to the beach a week. I had a kite, and I couldn't go body surfing. We saw a band. Hm... sorry, that's it. What sucks even more is that most of these memories are either bad news or events that lead me into bad news. -

Police - Every Breath You Take

... Not that the beach was bad news, don't get me wrong, but other events I don't feel like delving into were all leading into bad news. What a bunch of crap, huh? Hm. Anyway, I don't know if this is very strange or not, but it does provide me with something to sit here and write about so I suppose that's a good thing. One has to wonder what is normal. Which, I might add, bring up another question.

With all the prescription drugs on the market for anxiety, depression, A.D.D. and all those other wierd ailments of the mind... how does one ever determine that something, anything, is wrong? I mean, if you spend your whole life feeling like yesterday was last month and last month was the 1980's, how are you supposed to know that anyone else thinks differently? Curious.

I want laptop. That's my random thought right now. I think I'm tired of waiting to buy one, too.

38 Special - Hold on Loosely

1 Your Opinion:

At 18:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have an extra laptop keyboard...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home