11 June 2007

Development Class

I'll be taking my Development Class at the Superdrome this weekend. The class is 3 hours long and provides the ground work for riding and racing on the track. The 44 degree banking seems a little daunting, even compared to dragging knee at 100+, but I think I'll be able to get the hang of it! What started as a fun way to train became a great way to commute... and will now be progressing into racing. At the beginning of the year I swore I wouldn't get back into racing, but that only lasted 5 months (ok, maybe 6). Now my goal is to develop some monster quads so I can crush some egos and slaughter the field on Friday nights. That, of course, will take quite a bit of time. I know I'm going to be slow for quite awhile, but it looks like a lot of fun and I won't mind getting my ass handed to me for a little while.


I'll post pics of the Brass Knuckle as well. I took delivery on Thursday and it felt a lot like bringing a new race chassis into a shop for development work. Starting from a bare frame and building up necessary parts and equipment is fun! It isn't cheap, but it is incredibly rewarding and really makes me proud of what I have been working on for the last month and a half. Pics soon.

1 Your Opinion:

At 15:57, Blogger Broom said...

doesn't everything progress into racing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home