10 May 2007

Bicycle Commuting

So last weekend I picked up a rack and small bag for the fixie and made plans to begin commuting to work on a regular basis. I planned to start Monday morning, but that didn't happen. Bad weather and a touch of laziness has held things off until today, but from here forward I really do want to make it a regular thing.


I didn't much much at all in April, maybe a couple of days at the beginning of the month. Poor weather and weekly rock climbing trips with Rock Gal put a damper on my energy level and desire to get on the bike during the week, which stinks because I lost what little strength I had built up in March. Still, I'm back in the saddle and hopeful that the extra excercise and endorphine rush in the morning will help me through the day. Riding at White Rock was nice in the evenings but driving all the way to the lake after work, then home again, was getting expensive. Instead, maybe I can save some dollars in gas and get strong again.


I'll post some pictures if I can ever remember to take them, and show off my honkin' new commuter set-up. I also have a new *purple* Raleigh fork and threadless headset to install, and of course still want to do a disc brake / cyclocross fork set-up.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home