05 September 2006

Who Needs Kneaded Knees?

This past weekend was the latest round of the TMGP (Texas Mini Gran Prix) racing season at Denton's North Texas Kartway (NTK). Broom and I had a four hour race to contend with on the XR100 powered YSR, complete with a freshly rebuilt motor and all the knee destroying goodness of being a mini.

The weather held and things went quite well, the bike was super-fast, and at the end of it all I came away with the usual grins and horribly painful knee aches that goa long with being crammed onto the YSR for 40 minutes at a time. Broom was quite fast this weekend, giving Denny a run for his money for about 10 laps before fatigue set in... I was quite slow all weekend and managed to stay out of most people's paths of travel in almost all the corners. I'm still having trouble getting my confidence back on the brakes and simply feeling the damn thing in the corners. I tend to scare quite easily these days and haven't been as... uhm... willing to take the risks as I used to be.

I sort of forgot that I was going to write a piece about the series and so forgot to get anyone's name that is associated with the TMGP. The piece was/is going to be submitted to a website that talks about Mini racing and would be great for drawing in some new riders for 2007. With Broom's help I think I can get it together, but I completely forgot to do any fact gathering on Saturday.


Sunday was painful. I think I would have been moving easier on crutches, especially on the stairs. The inside muscles around my knees, or bottom section of my quad, felt like it didn't want to do anything. Bend? No. Straighten? No. Support weight? No. They just wanted to be removed, placed on the side of the road and left for dead.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home