16 August 2006

I've been busy

Or atleast that's the excuse I am going to use for now. I haven't been writing much lately and I'm chalking it up to a healthy amount of other activities. Now, if I could just remember what those were...



I've been contacted by a gentleman with a website. He is wondering if I would like to do some freelance gear reviews for the site. Sounds cool, sounds like fun. We'll see where that goes.



Today I contacted TXWerks, a group of guys that build mods for the Mini Cooper. They have scales for corner balancing. I wrote them an email proposing that if they allow me to corner weight my car, I'll write press pieces or a brochure for them.



Rock Gal and I are climbing in Austin this weekend on the Greenbelt. I'm stoked. We haven't touched real rock since Enchanted Rock many moons ago. The heat will suck, the climbing will be an adventure.



My shoulder is tweaked. Last night on a lime green taped route, with a nice overhang, I got myself in a pinch. I think I was mantling when I did it. It hurt last night so I iced it, this morning it wasn't bad. I'm going to swim on it after work and see how it feels. Press on regardless, I'm not missing Austin this weekend.



Not much else going on... I've been much more positive while climbing and have been able to keep my evenings in perspective. Last night started crappy. I couldn't hold on to anything, couldn't make moves happen for shit on the first climb. Then, something happened. I decided that I wanted to use it as a challenge and continue to learn. Push through a tough spot and still learn something about climbing, myself and how to make moves happen. It worked.

I got a drink of water and decided to just screw it. I wanted to climb, I was mentally going strong but I was feeling like ass. I drank some Accelerade. Rock Gal climbed and then I was up again. I flashed my next route and came don feeling good. We swapped back and forth and before you know it I'm on a harder route pulling some nice moves, thinking about my footwork and really making it happen.

I'm ready for this weekend and willing to try any route we find. Grades no longer concern me. Reaching the top no longer concerns me. Learning, getting stronger and progressing are the only things that matter now.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home