24 August 2006

Finally.

I am excited to say that I have very nearly finished writing and posting the story about my trip to Europe on my other blog website. In the four months since my trip I had every intention of writing a piece concerning the trip and all that happened. Unfortunately, I think the whole experience was a little overwhelming and I had trouble getting anything started. I didn't want to just talk about myself, didn't want to bore the reader with mundane details and was leary of conjuring up some story that had little to do with the myriad of experiences I had in Europe.

Four months worth of stopped up creativity finally broke the damn a few nights ago I wrote a piece that I actually liked. It flowed well and was written, as usual, as a stream of consciousness. From that initial start I was able to leap frog and create more, covering the topics I wanted to cover in enough detail to keep things interesting without getting bogged down in the minute boredom I had feared. When things seemed sufficiently described I jumped timelines and shifted my focus to events well before or after what I had just written.

Tying these two timelines together never occurred much to me but I knew it was critical to keep from confusing the reader. Honestly, I'm not sure if I've pulled that off or not. Being as close as I am to the experience it is easy for me to think that I'm being clear about a series of events, when in fact no one has any idea what is happening.

At any rate, take a look over the next few days and I'll see about adding photos to the text enable to make things even more interesting. By all means give me some feedback, and most of all... enjoy.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home