12 September 2006

This is brilliant

So last Wednesday I was contacted by a recruiter/head hunter with a job opportunity in sales of some unknown product. We talked on the telephone while I was driving to meet Rock Gal for her birthday and a question about my outside sales experience came up. Of course, I have none, so he said he'd call the client and get back with me if that was ok.

He called back but I was already with Rock Gal and honestly didn't feel like talking about it at the time. I forgot to call him on Thursday. Just flat out forgot. I think he might have called and left a message but it just never really crossed my mind. Friday I went to Talbot Rain's funeral and it never crossed my ind then, either. I had time to call, sure, but I didn't care to and figured I'd just be in touch with the guy Monday.

But he did call me on Friday afternoon, and left me a very nasty message. His voicemail was angered and condescending, two things I don't respond well to on the phone or in person. So I called him back. I got his voicemail.


"Mr. Caserta, this is Me. You know what? If you want to leave me angry voicemails that's fine, but the day you called me was my girlfriend's birthday and today I was at a funeral. I don't think your acting very professionally and I have no desire to have any further contact with you."


So today I fire up Outlook and I have an email from him.


Greg,
I just received your call. I am going to make this short because spending any level time or expending energy to write this email is a waste of time.

First of all, If your going to bad mouth me, DO IT to my face over the phone. Have a pair of balls and look me directly in the eye. Leaving a msg is gutless and yellow. It's like Swinging at me when I am not looking.

Secondly, WE are all busy. I have birthdays also and we all experience death in our life. I am sorry about your friend, Truly I am, but that doesn't excuse the level of unprofessionalism you have demonstrated. If you can't return a msg in three days, then you are not a viable candidate. Don't give me the bullshit that you couldn't leave me a voicemail over three days. That's a piss poor excuse for your lack of unprofessionalism. You have a cell. You could have even left me a voice mail even after hours to let me know when a good time would be for me to talk. To not return one of those calls is unacceptable and unexcuseable. I have a sense of urgency to assist candidates who want to make career changes and clients who want to fill positions. You don't pay my fee. My client company does.

If this message finds you pissed off, GOOD, because I'm pissed off also. I don't EVER care to work with you. Don't call and don't even bother emailing back, You can't anyways BECAUSE YOUR email is blocked. Your completely blackballed from my office.!!! If your upset, be more upset about your pathetic lack of professionalism because it sucks wind.

Hasta La Vista


Obviously I won't be calling him back, but I'd love to figure out who the client was and let them know what kind of contact I've had with their recruiter. I've also considered contacting the Better Business Bureau in Scottsdale, AZ (this gentleman's location) and letting them know of my complaint. Was I interested in the position? I was curious about it, but obviously he was right- I wasn't that interested. Is that a reason for him to leave me shitty a voicemails?

For now I'll just leave it up to the randomness of the Blogosphere to raise my flag. I would strongly recommend against doing business with this guy.

Here's his business name, address and email:
Caserta & Associates LLC
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
(480) 443-3343
andrew@fcaserta.com

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home