12 December 2005

Its nice to be noticed

I went to Starfuck's at lunch today to do some reading and get away from the office. Rolled up, parked out by the road and got out to a cute blonde.
Her: "Going riding?"
I wish
Me: "Yeah, I ride mountain and road... Do you ride?"
Her: "Well, I did the MS150 a few years ago, but I don't ride now. It comes and goes depending on who I'm with..."
The conversation went from there but, since I'm a bit of a dumbass, I didn't try to get any digits or details from her. She was leaving, I was arriving and I was zoned out for some reason. Two minutes later I was thinking, "dumbass".

So I walk inside, get my Chai Latte and a table near the door, chair facing the place (as usual, gotta know who's around me) and started reading. A few minuts later in walks a very shapely gal in a tight black shirt and cammo pants. I had an eye on her for a little while and she caught me looking once or teice but went outside to eat & drink. 10 minutes later she comes back in and I caught her looking at me before she sat down to my right, but out of my peripheral. A minute later she walks past my table, close enough to drag her hips on the table, to get a newspaper... then back to her seat. Swaying the hips the whole way. Not two minutes later she's up again to put it back.

"Nothing good in the paper?", I ask as she walks past. She smiled, "I was only looking for one thing", and sat down to look out the window. Seemed like a conversation stopper so I didn't pursue. Should have, I suppose, but I'm terrible in these sorts of situations.

She got up a little later to look at the trinkety shit from Starfuck's; the mugs, the cards, that sort of thing. I more or less caught her looking my way a few times but she never came back past the table. So, what now?
Huh. What the fuck am I supposed to say now?
So I let it go and eventually left to get back to the office.

Ok, so nothing came of two reasonable opportunities. The first was a gimme that I passed up, the second was a little less obvious but probably still quite workable. I don't know, maybe if it ever happens again I'll be smart enough, and ballsy enough, to do more about it. Still, its nice to be noticed.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home