07 December 2005

Lock & Key

Well, I've decided to do a Lock & Key party. The concept is a little new to me but Nancy has done them in NYC and had fun, even if she only met an aging Hipster and gaggle of $50,000 millionaires. Still, I figure its worth a shot and it'll give me a new experience.

So, what is a Lock & Key party? An excellent question. Based on the website, my impression suggests that it is a mingling event (something I am terrible at) that is motivated by the lock/key concept. When you arrive and check in at the party guys are given keys and women are given locks. You walk around the bar and simply talk to as many women as possible to see if your key will fit their lock. If it does, you mingle with this person and make small talk, then go to the table and get another lock or key. When you do, you are also given a raffle ticket. Obviously, this continues through the evening until the end of the party, at which point they hold the raffle and people win shit, but I don't know what kind of shit they win.

So, what is this a big deal for me? Primarily because this is not normally my scene. Of course you are saying, "Greg, you don't have a scene to begin with...", which is entirely true. But if I did have a scene, and I was going to be associated with some sort of event, this would not be the likely choice. Normally, I am not the one to go diving into idle chit-chat, but there really isn't anything to talk about except idle chit-chat until you get to know someone. I am also not normally prone to just go up to a woman in a bar, but seeing as how this is a singles event, it is expected. So, no worries there either.

Of course, then there's the question of what I should wear... Wow. I can't believe I'ma ctually thinking about what I should wear.

1 Your Opinion:

At 08:07, Blogger GreSam said...

Hmmm... Coming from a guy that will spend a good chunk of change on a shirt, I don't think that has much clout! ;-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home