01 November 2005

Halloween

People at work were dressing up for Halloween. Having gotten very little sleep Sunday night (still don't know why) I decided to be Mr. Invisible and called in sick. I missed out on a horde of chocolate, cookies, cup cakes, chips, soda and other various crap my body doesn't need. Instead, I planned on getting outside in the sun and wonderful weather. About 10 minutes later the sun disappeared and it started pouring down rain. Once again we skipped cats & dogs and went straight into raining yaks and bison. I sat on my couch and watched episodes of Firefly (with commentary) and burned my entire day doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was awesome.

That afternoon I shot Girl Friday a text message to see if she wanted to get together for a Halloween beer at The Flying Saucer. While I had thought about doing this on Sautrday before leaving the track, I held off for fear of being a bit too assumptive. I'm not sure what changed Monday, mostly I just felt like seeing what would happen. I say this only because I had a funny feeling Saturday. I am attracted to her, of that much there is no doubt, but I wanted to get a feel for what, if anything, was happening on her end. I didn't want to be reading into things from Saturday and certainly didn't want to muck up a friendship by thinking there was more to it than meets the eye, but I had a feeling and decided to run with it.

We met up around 7 P.M. and found a comfy couch to kick back on and chat. The soft pretzels kick much ass (salt & mustard), and we had a couple of really good brews. Conversation flowed, and centered mostly around trying to get to know each other: where we're from and some background on family and things. It was all very casual and she's very easy to get to know. We talked about some racing, what she's doing this year and what I'm planning on doing next year.

All in all it was a really fun and relaxing evening out. She's very motivated and is definately not happy sitting back in life. I think I'm attracted to her strong personality and desire to make things happen. Her job is good but like me she is ready to be challenged and not happy with simply waiting for things to happen around her. She is also taking night classes to finish her degree, and racing enduros or cross country nearly every weekend on top of that, so she doesn't have much free time. I'm amazed at how she's able to keep up with it all, though she did admit being in a bit of a funk for the last month or so. I'd attribute this to whatever it is (and I don't want to know) happened with Edward, but also stress from a difficult family situation. I always feel for anyone that's in a funk, I'm bad about getting stuck in them myself, so there's also that latent desire to help a daimsel in distress that afflicts me so badly. She, of course, is not the type that needs rescuing, but a reprieve from the stress would probably be welcome.

So, what to do now? I have no clue. I don't want to bug her, obviously, but I probably need to make my intentions known in case there is some wire crossing going on at the moment. I'm not very good in these situations, but I know she's been dating someone a little and don't want to miss an opportunity to date someone I really think I have some things in common with...

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home