22 September 2005

Phoenix

No, I'm not rising form the ashes of some former life. This is actually quite mundane but I thought I'd write about it anyway, because I'm bored.


I have a profile on Friendster. So far this has resulted in very little activity by way of meeting friends, and the ones I have met have tended to be a bit flakey. I could go into this but it isn't worth it. Essentially, people who are ultimately not worth my time or effort because they are unreliable and exist amongst some pretty strange circumstances. Having said that, I was contacted by a woman last week through Friendster because of my interest in rock climbing.


Apparently, she (Fara, 31) rock climbs as well in Phoenix, AZ and was doing a search for people with climbing in their profile. She found me and sent me a note to say hi and pick my brain. Cool, I totally dig that because it is fun and there is absolutely no expectation of anything, seeing as how we will likely never meet in person. Seriously, that's fine with me. Then she tells me she'll be in Dallas this weekend for a friend's birthday and that she might want to go climb indoor to get away from the shop-aholic sort of typical Dallas-ite thing. Then she sends me her phone number and says I should keep in touch because she wants to go climb on Sunday before she leaves town.


Ok... that's different and maybe somewhat too convenient, but ok. I have not called her yet but might try tonight, just for shits and giggles. Of course, with Rita bearing down on us she is now thinking of cancelling the trip altogether. I told her that by the time Rita gets here she'll be rain and wind and that might delay some flights, but I seriously doubt she'll get stuck at the terminal.


I guess what I'm hoping for is something random to happen and inject a little sense of weirdness into my life. Like, we meet up and go climbing and I end up with another great Lori-type friend in the mix. The kind of friend you meet once and then keep in touch with for years for no obvious reason.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home