19 September 2005

Weekend, Part I.

Friday night was work on the Nissan night at my garage. The poor thing was overdue for an oil change and tire rotation so I scoffed off my normal Firday night antics and went to work on the car. Four jackstands, a tiny floor jack (pathetic 14" lift) and a few hours later I was happy with the results. In the process I also did some well-needed cleaning of the interior, checked the Brembos and added another CopperHead rail to my Yakima roof system so I could carry both bikes at the same time. All in all there is no good story here, just the fact that my car is sporting new oil, rotated tires and another rail to be adorned with stickers.

Saturday morning I went to RBM for the usual morning ride and met up with Ginny and Mike prior to our systematic slaughter of the field. It was the usual 35 mile jaunt into Sachse with a whole lot of people that have no idea what to do in a paceline or how to behave on the road. Mike was tired from racing track the night prior and Ginny was still recovering from a mountain bike race and some allergy issues. After the ride I got in touch with Lee and we decided to head back out to Arbor Hills for some MTB. Unfortunately Lee didn't have his head on straight and forgot his clipless shoes... he tried a lap of the trail in normal shoes but the SPD platforms are so small it was a pointless waste of time.

It was at this point that he asked me if I wanted to go to dinner that night for some chic's birthday, and that's when things got interesting.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home