12 September 2005

A Few Things

There's an urban sport called Free Running that I'd never heard of but that I find very impressive. It seems to be more of a European thing, but I only say this because the only videos I've seen are from England and France.

I don't know much about it, though it appears to be derived from various forms of martial arts. These guys have some pretty serious strength, skill and confidence! While I would never really consider jumping off a two-story building myself, I can see how running up a wall might be a lot of fun and perhaps somewhat handy every once in awhile!


**********
On Friday I very nearly went to Six Flags with a co-worker and her husband, but I'm gald I didn't. They would have been great company and we would've had a blast, but I went and looked at a mountain bike instead. And, lo and behold... I bought it. It is a 2003 Giant NRS-1 full suspension bike with Mavic tubeless rims, Hayes hydraulic disc brakes, Race Face cranks, SRAM X.9 rear deraileur, Rock Shox SID front and rear air shocks, SPDs... a lock out for the front fork and some other stuff.
I should be picking it up very soon, perhaps tonight if all the timing works out with traffic, the owner and the bike shop at which it currently lives. Regardless, I'm pumped!
**********
The Neon, the 9-year-old little car that could, the paint-peeled rusty roofed little car that saw nearly every state in the union over 200,000 miles has found another home. I sold the bugger to a guy and his dad that will fix it up and likely resell it to some illegal immigrant or other person with little or no ability to purchase a vehicle through normal means. Good for them. Now, I'm sure you could be wondering what I got for the car. Let me just preface this by saying that I really was going to be quite happy if I had gotten $100 or $150 for the car. More would be nice but since it has been sitting in the parking lot for 5 months doing nothing, I didn't much care. $200 later there was no more Neon sitting in the lot. I was, to say the least, quite pleased.
Still, after so many miles, so many states and so many adventures, it is not easy to see it go. The little Neon will be missed, but it served me well over the 9 years I had it.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home