06 September 2005

Weekend Activities

I had a productive weekend in terms of physical activity. None of the really good stuff of course, but plenty of cycling and swimming to keep me busy.
Here's a senseless rundown, merely for my own record keeping purposes:

Friday
  • Popped into the gym after work for abs and swam 2 kilometers (2000m)
  • Made a trip out the the Superdrome Friday night.

Saturday
  • Rode 46 miles with RBM's fastest West ride. I got dropped but fought my way back to the front twice the second time I had Warren from GDB in tow and we were able to bridge the leaders. It was a hell of a pull on my part (no really, it was). I dropped my head and pulled at 27+ for about a mile to bridge the 300m gap and keep us from completely losing the draft. Good stuff, but it blew me up and I had nothing for the final sprint.
  • I might have gone swimming after the ride, but I can't remember. If I did it was only 1000m.
  • Went to The Old Monk, What Bar and Whiskey Bar with Eric. No real progress there.

Sunday
  • Woke up late after getting in at 3am... finally made it to the gym at 2pm for abs and a 1600m swim.

Monday-Labor Day
  • Got up at 6am, rode to Big Buck's for the morning holiday ride. We ended up in places I cannot name on roads I could not follow. Rode 100km (60 mi) altogether including the ride from and to home.
  • Walked the Galleria in search of shorts on sale. Found nothing.
  • Swam 1000m with Lee at the stupendously huge and wickedly consumerous Lifetime Fitness in Frisco.

All in all I had a great weekend. Didn't need or ultimately care about the Maredsous I had Saturday night. First bit of alcohol in 2 years and I can honestly say that it did nothing for me. I wasn't any more brave, wasn't any more relaxed and wasn't any more or less happy having drank it. The flavor was fine but I didn't much care one way or the other. This I find rather nice, actually. Simply reminds me that if my body is or is not craving something, it is for a reason. Just need to listen to myself more often.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home