26 August 2005

I'm a softie...


I'm a real softie and thought this picture made things in Iraq seem a little bit more human. I still don't understand the concept of war in regard to resolving this sort of situation, but I suppose if I did I'd be a Republican.

I know, I know... Saddam was killing his people and perhaps stood as a threat to our interests both political and economic, but it still seems pointless to me. Especially after the WMD (lack thereof) reports and the obvious fact that our way of doing things is completely different to their's.

I'm still not sure why what we do is "right" and what they do is "wrong" since it is a part of their culture, but ok. Kill, kill, kill...

1 Your Opinion:

At 15:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the argument #43 is feeding the US is incorrect. However, if there was genocide going on, a more effective argument than WMD, there was a need to be involved.

It is one of those "damned if you, damned if you don't" situations. If you act now "The US is bad, they are getting involved." and if you don't, "Why did you nto do something?".

Although I agree with the pro-active approach to terrorism, I think #43 is misguided by focusing on Iraq; and not enough, well not enough disclosure anyway, on those that have embedded themselves in the US (See what the UK is doing).

And one more thing: What about North Korea?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home