29 August 2005

Getting Out

Well, looks like whatever I am currently doing to meet members of the opposite sex is not working. I've involved myself in a variety of athletics, clubs and disciplines but none of these activities have yielded any results. By and large the women I've met cycling are older and have a kid, which would not normally pose an issue aside from the fact that I don't like children and children don't like me. It is an amicable issue and we seem to agree, on a molecular level, that neither entity will ever have anything to do with the other. At least willingly.

But I digress. Rock climbing tends to draw mostly men, and the women I have encountered have turned out to be either attached to someone else or simply not on the market. No bother, they make for good climbers and climbing partners and that's fine with me.

So, to solve this problem of having no real social life to speak of outside of all the athletics I'm involved with... Sgt. D and I have decided to go out on the town Saturday night and make the most of what we already know are good karma and vibes. We're both convinced that we have a lot to offer and we're both convinced that we can easily bag a cute gal with a great personality, if only we could find them and commence conversation with them.

In so deciding I immediately realized that I had a little problem. Being out of the loop and not caring about bars or clubs for the better part of three years has more or less rendered me useless when it comes to knowing where to go. We surmised that Uptown would suffice, but where? Uptown is a fairly posh area of Dallas that serves as a hub for snobbery, prentention and an laughable amount of senseless posturing. We are, by and large, completely adverse to this sort of behaviour but at this point of our young lives we figure that if you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em. Not the pretentious part, but at the very least we'll have a ton of drunken fodder from which to pull material, and this is always a plus.

The other ideas were Addison and Lower Greenville, but we'll save those for future weekends. In the meantime I needed to tend to the task at hand. Identify a bar to visit. Also on the cards is what to wear, or what not to wear when going out on the town. My biggest fear at the moment is looking gay... with any luck I also won't look like the lackey I am. More to come, I am sure.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home