14 January 2006

Razr Wallpaper

I've been playing with my Razr phone and wallpaper projects for my phone recently. I'm not a designer, I'm not very good with Photoshop or any type of special graphics rendering. I'm a dork that depends on filters and basic shapes to make things that will look decent but not special, and I'm ok with that. Why?
1) I just want it to be different
2) Its a telephone and the picture quality is decent, but not great
3) I'm having fun

As such I've created some wallpapers and experimented with filters purely as a means of learning what is possible, but I'm whole self taught and am not even beginning to reach the limits of my imagination. I'd love to do something with a 3D feel, but we'll see.

Well, here's what I've done so far...

This is my first attempt and started with two colored bars that somehoe morphed into a simple lens flare, stained glass filter and a liquify filter that I enjoy using because its fun to make swirly shapes...









This is my second design and started out as polka dots before I hit it with plastic wrap, some weird lighting and a diffused glow or something... from there it got twirled and shit and I imagined a black hole of Fruit Loops...






This is currently my favorite project. I started with the checker board backgrouind (Which was a BITCH to build one line at a time, by the way) and then found some neat-o transform effects before I made the foreground. The foreground piece was inspired by the WaveForm record label logo, but with some changes. I really like the way it turned out! Simple and fun to construct.








My most recent work and I'm attempting to create something more clean that maybe uses softer colors and white space. I wish I could change the GUI of the phone itself but that not an option at this point in time (I'm sure its possible though) so for now I just want to build something around the existing home page interface/menu. I like the initial look of this, butit still need some work. I'm stuck though and not sure where to go from here. Center? Another shape? Something swoopy on the right? I'm having trouble creating a smooth arc but I'm getting there... Still having fun, I just have writers block of design!

As always, input is welcome...

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home