24 January 2006

Dry spell.

Yeah, so its been awhile since I posted. Got busy with my other Blog site (the writing portal) and then more busy with Rock Gal and then more busy with wanting to climb and ride... then I just didn't feel like writing.

I got backed into by some dumb bitch in a Best Buy parking lot a couple of weekends ago. Apparently, she did not see my stopped car directly behind her carrying a yellow and red bicycle on the roof at 4:30PM in the afternoon. Dumb bitch. So, now I'm fighting her insurance company and I just don't feel like dealing with it.

Rock Gal is awesome. She sends me these emails that look like they are written to someone else, but they're written to me. Its cute, and she has all kinds of nice things to say. I like it, its goofy and silly, but I like it.

The rest of life is normal. I'm meeting with a photographer next week to discuss ideas about the upcoming racing season and how we're going to approach some story ideas. I'm excited about it, but right now my brain is tired and I'm bored, so I'm not saying much about it.

Outside of that I'm just climbing, eating, seeing Rock Gal and having fun...

Ok, here's a story.

So last Thursday night I'm headed to Stoneworks for some climbing with Steve when I decide to call Girl Friday and see if she wants to join us. She did, and met up around 7PM. We had a great time climbing, goofing around and teaching her some stuff, but she climbed very well for a second timer. Late in the evening the subject of Rock Gal came up in conversation. I wasn't shy to talk about it and I could tell Girl Friday was a little upset. We did one final climb in the back silo and she asks me in a sheepish sort of way,
"So, does this mean you are officially off the market?"

I wasn't sure what to say, so I agreed. After the climb we chatted, she left for home and I bouldered for another 20 minutes. I called her on my way home.

Me: "So, did you ask me if I was officially off the market because you are still interested?"
Her: "Well, you are a great guy... yeah, I am still a little interested. But I know I need to spend some time being single for a little while..."
That was a jab at me for an email I wrote suggesting the idea. So I jabbed back.
Me: "I'm actually really happy with Rock Gal right now. There's no stress, no drama and no guessing about it. Its just so easy. I really don't have any reason to see anyone else right now, but if that changes you'll be my first call."

The conversation went on from there, lasted quite some time actually, and ended nicely. We're still going to hang out (I cleared that up, too) and still going to do things together, but this way at least all the intentions are clear.

Still, a very interesting development. It was surprising, but at the same time it wasn't so surprising... It made me curious about what "could be" but its not worth exploring. I'm real happy right now and have no reason to look elsewhere.

0 Your Opinion:

Post a Comment

<< Home