05 October 2005

Random bits.

Like the people who see me on crutches and say, "Gee, maybe you should take up knitting!" or the people who ask me, "Gosh, when are you going to learn?"

Learn what? Learn to sit on my ass watching TV all day? Learn to watch other people live life and do fun shit but be too scared to live it myself? Learn to fear even the most minor bodily injury? No thanks. That's a lesson I do not wish to learn. Having stopped riding the motorcycle I do have some regrets about not being on the bike. I thorough enjoyed commuting to work on the SV and really enjoyed just beong out on the thing. Even at sane speeds on the street it was a lot of fun, but it is still hard to imagein riding on the road and not wanting to go back to the track to do more track days and racing.

Financially, I do not need to be racing or doing track events. Emotionally, well... last year was a bummer. Too many hits to the confidence and the ego in too short a period of time. This year has been far more productive and prosperous. The rides from Houston to Austin and Dallas to Ardmore both went very well. Got started in climbing and thoroughly enjoy learning all those new skills. Racing in some criterium, doing more group rides and meeting new friends through cycling... 2005 has been quite nice. The broken leg is a set back, but it reminds me I'm still quite vulnerable and need to tend to all the friendships and keep my network strong.

It's all good, and soon enough I'll be ready to rock.

1 Your Opinion:

At 20:43, Blogger Unknown said...

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
www.clickjogosclick.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home