15 May 2006

Tourist Trophy

I entered a tournament for the PS2 game Tourist Trophy. I thought it would be fun to see how well I could do against some other racers, and the concept is pretty simple. Each week they post a track and bike displacement limitation. You pick your bike, run your laps and email your best lap time to the host of the competition, PartTimeGamer.com. Once the results have been tallied the times and positions are posted along with the next track to be raced.

Round 1 involved 250cc street bikes on a circuit called Autumn Ring Mini. A tight, short course and low horsepower meant a need for smooth lines and accurate game play. I had some decent times but only spent a few hours Thursday evening (punctuated by a trip to the rock gym) for attaining my lap time, rather than practicing all week. So, how did I do? My handle is NW200.

I wanted to be "in the points" but since there are only 10 competitors and everyone scores points, that went down the drain. So I figured I wanted to be in the top 5 at some point during the five race season, but also knew it would be a tough fight as many people play far more often than I do and have more of the skills needed for nailing some seriously quick lap times.

After running my laps I had what I thought was a reasonable lap time, though I did predict that the fastest guys would be turning laps about two seconds quicker. Luckily, I was wrong. Here are the Results, my handle in the comp is NW200.

Our next track is Laguna Seca, riding 600cc stree bikes. I'll probably be riding a Moriwaki-Honda but also have the Kawasaki 636, Honda 600 and Triumph Daytona at my disposal if I need them for comparison.

2 Your Opinion:

At 22:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the game; real at all?

 
At 23:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you don't want to hear that I'm "ThrustinJZX6" ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home